About Mike Huddleston
Principal of Heart For Business
Mike has been employed at top levels of business spanning Banking and Finance, Industrial Contracting, Labour Management, Recruitment and Human Resources, both domestically and internationally for over 40 years.
Mike’s career was built on almost 20 years of commercial and corporate banking, foreign exchange management and international finance. This sound business base led Mike to a succession of Chief Executive and Directorship roles in industrial services, waste management, business development internationally and culminated in 7 years in Labour Management and Recruitment as Director and CEO of AWF Madison Group, a respected NZX listed public company employing over 4500 people.
Mike has over 20 years experience of successfully leading and developing people businesses, generally in sectors of significant H&S risk. He has:
- acquired and integrated over 20 companies
- managed branch networks of over 40 branches
- developed an industrial business in the Middle East from scratch to a multi-million revenue
- expanded AWF Madison Group by almost 200% to reach revenue of over $200m p.a.
- Joined his team, hands-on, to work on most of New Zealand’s largest industrial sites